Please encourage your friends to tune in to WGTK 970 am. Also, encourage them to CALL! the live chat line is (502) 571-0970. The show airs from 8:06 to 10pm Eastern Time. If your friends are outside the Kentuckiana area, they can stream the show at the link below; go to www.frager.com. At the bottom of the home page, click on LIVE NOW!
Tonight on the Dr Stan Frager Show, Dr Frager will be interviewing Ms. Lindsey Gargotto and Ms. Michele Varner about sexual assault in the military. You will learn the difference between military assault and civilian assault and how the VA is involved with these crimes. It all starts at 8 PM; listen in.
Lindsay Gargotto is the founder and CEO of Athena’s Sisters, a grassroots organization run by and for military women for mind, heart, and body justice. She is an Air Force veteran, mother of two girls. She has MSW and MFA in Creative Writing.
topics for interview:
- What is MST?
- How is different from civilian definitions of sexual assault?
- How do you go about reporting barriers?
- What are the Athena Sisters? How did you begin and what kind of work are you involved in?
- What kinds of different approaches of therapy and community based services do you offer?
- How do you monitor the overuse of anti-depressants as the typical healing practice?
- Tell us about the masculine environment of the VA that deters women from seeking services
- Recognizing the VA cannot be held responsible for all the systemic issues – that this is about about our community
Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - Wikipedia article
Sexual Assault in the U.S. Military - Wikipedia article
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Wikipedia article
Athena’s Sisters http://www.athenassisters.org
Two Smart Girls https://www.facebook.com/TwoSmartGirls
Call 502-876-0515 to schedule your spring cleaning today!
For more info stay in touch with “Let’s Talk” at these links:
Let’s talk blogposts http://t.co/u2aML1Dg
Kate Chawansky / Dr. Stan Frager Show / Producer
Tony Safina (Media Researcher) firstname.lastname@example.org