Please encourage your friends to tune in to WGTK 970 am. Also, encourage them to CALL! the live chat line is (502) 571-0970. The show airs from 8:06 to 10pm Eastern Time. If your friends are outside the Kentuckiana area, they can stream the show at the link below; go to www.frager.com. At the bottom of the home page, click on LIVE NOW!
Tonight’s guest is Monnica T. Williams, Ph.D
Monnica T. Williams, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and Director of the Center for Mental Health Disparities at the University of Louisville in the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. She completed her undergraduate studies at MIT and UCLA. She received her Doctoral Degree in clinical psychology from the University of Virginia. Dr. Williams is currently a member of the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF), where she serves on the Scientific Advisory Board. She specializes in treatment of the most severe cases of OCD and related disorders.
Planned topics of discussion:
- What is hypochondriasis?
- What are the symptoms of hypochondriasis?
- How common is hypochondriasis?
- What is the public impact of hypochondriasis?
- What is the relationship between hypochondriasis and health/illness anxiety?
- What is the difference between hypochondriasis and OCD?
- Are the symptoms just all in their head?
- What causes hypochondriasis?
- Can people with hypochondriasis have real medical problems?
- What types of therapy are helpful for hypochondriasis?
- What types of medications are helpful for hypochondriasis?
Culturally Speaking (Dr. Williams’ blog)
Hypochondiasis (article in Wikipedia)
Obsessive-Compulsive disorder (article in Wikipedia)
For more info stay in touch with “Let’s Talk” at these links:
Let’s talk blogposts http://t.co/u2aML1Dg
Kate Chawansky / Dr. Stan Frager Show / Producer
Tony Safina (“ace” Media Researcher) firstname.lastname@example.org